Position Title: Senior Administration Officer
Reports To: VTEC Manager (Canberra)
Award and Classification: Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2010, Administrative Officer
Terms and Conditions: Full time, ongoing position subject to initial 6 month probationary period. Salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant (indicative starting range $41,000 – $50,000 pa depending on experience), with generous salary packaging available.
Shoalhaven Community Development Ltd t/a Habitat Personnel is a not for profit, Aboriginal community controlled organisation. We have an all Aboriginal Board of Directors, including a Managing Director with overall responsibility for the day to day running of the organisation.
Our primary service is providing employment and training support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, financed through a range of Commonwealth and State funding and contracts. Currently our major contract is operation of a Vocational Training and Employment Centre (VTEC), an Australian Government initiative based on the GenerationOne employment and training model.
We operate client services from our offices in Nowra and Canberra, and our Business Support is located in Nowra. We also operate a Night Patrol program from the Nowra Youth Centre.
This is a key role that ensures the smooth running of the Canberra office. As the first point of contact for our clients, the position is responsible for providing information, advice and referrals as well as registering new clients. The position also provides high level administrative support to the Manager and client service staff, and is responsible for coordinating office and administrative systems and procedures.
- The position reports directly to the VTEC Manager (Canberra), and also liaises with and takes direction from Business Support staff as required.
- While the position has no direct reports, the office occasionally hosts Work Experience and Work For The Dole placements, and the position holder will be expected to supervise these placements in conjunction with the VTEC Manager.
- Habitat is a team-oriented workplace; all staff are expected to assist each other with peak workloads and major or one off projects
- Provide high quality and timely reception for clients and visitors, including registration of new clients and providing information, advice and referrals
- Proactively manage office processes and systems including office supplies, petty cash, mail and filing
- Coordination of client information and training sessions as required
- Assist with maintenance of client records including data entry and electronic filing
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Aboriginality* and the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of the employment services sector and the broader community service sector, or the ability to quickly obtain such knowledge
- Experience in office administration, preferably gained in a community service environment
- Initiative and problem solving skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Highly developed computer skills
*”Aboriginal” includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander. Habitat considers being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent as a genuine occupational qualification under s14 of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 and s42 of the ACT Discrimination Act 1991.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Written applications are required by close of business 18 November 2016, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 3/31-37 Townshend Street Phillip ACT 2606.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter that introduces you and why you want to work at Habitat
- A statement that addresses how you meet each of the selection criteria
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Names and contact details of at least two referees
For any enquiries please contact Lyn Peacock, VTEC Manager (Canberra) on 02 6285 2422 or by email email@example.com.