SPARK – Ginninderry’s training and employment initiative proudly supports engagement, training and employment pathways for local people.
SPARK in partnership with MEGT Institute and Canberra City Care are delivering a new and innovative accredited training program focusing on skills development, work experience and employment within the business administration sector.
Targeting people living within the West Belconnen and wider Belconnen region, this program will:
- Provide participants with a Certificate II in Business (BSB20115) upon completion
- Provide industry specific training within the business administration sector through simulated work environments and community projects
- Provide industry work placements for those participants that meet the selection criteria
- Provide potential employment pathway opportunities, including traineeships
This program will commence Tuesday 21st March 2017 and run four days a week (Tues – Fri), 24 hours per week) for 10 weeks. The program will be a combination of theory, practical hands on learning and industry work placement. Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for Skilled Capital, you must at the time of enrolment be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months; or
- a permanent Humanitarian visa holder; or
- a visa holder with work rights on a pathway to permanent residency and not excluded from participation in government funded training and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college. (Students with an Exemption Certificate are not eligible for Skilled Capital. Students who are undertaking year 10 or year 12 equivalent study in an alternative program are eligible provided they meet the remaining eligibility criteria.)
To be eligible for a certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification, you must meet the above criteria, and:
not have completed a certificate III or higher (excluding foundation skills qualifications); or
have suffered changed circumstances which impacts your ability to undertake training and/or work such as ill health.
An information session will be held on Thursday 9th March 2017 at 10am, it is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on the program attend the 10am session. This is a 2 part sessions broken into 1. An information presentation followed by 2. A selection session for eligible participants.
To book a place or find out more information, please contact Ashleigh at Ginninderry on 6255 1173 or email email@example.com
*Please note: This program was made possible through Skilled Capital. Skilled Capital is an ACT Government training initiative, funded by the ACT and Australian Governments. A small fee will apply for each successful participant depending on their eligibly.