Budgeting for Life
FREE 1-day budgeting skills workshop
*This is an approved activity for Work Development Order or Work Development Program participants.
Do you find yourself short of money immediately after payday?
Do you have outstanding fines with the NSW State Debt Recovery Office or the ACT Government?
No matter what our income, knowing how to manage money is an essential life skill. Care Financial Counselling Service is holding a 1-day FREE Budgeting for Life workshop. The topics covered include:
- Quick and easy ways to set up a budget that works for you ü
- How your money personality type can impact on your spending habits ü
- Saving and spending – how to get the balance right ü
- Strategies to help plug spending leaks ü
- How to save on energy bills ü
- How to get your children involved in day to day money making decisions ü
- Surviving Debt – what can we do and where to go for help ü
- How to make informed decisions when it comes to consumer and credit productsü
- Planning for the future – how to set goals that are achievable ü
This workshop will have practical tips and hands on exercises which are all aimed at increasing your strategies for budgeting now and in the future. Attending this 1-day workshop could also contribute to reducing your ACT or NSW infringement fines by up to $350. (Please note you will need to be approved to undertake this activity prior to attending in order for credit to be applied to your fines.)
Date: Thursday 17 August 2017
Where: Care Financial Counselling Service
To register: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/budgeting-for-life-tickets-35865046319
How to find us: http://www.carefcs.org/contact-care-inc.html
Attending this workshop entitles ActewAGL clients to $100 off your electricity or gas bill
Participation in this 1 day course contributes to $350 off your ACT or NSW fines but you need to be registered for either a Work and Development Order (NSW) or a Work Development Program (ACT) prior to attending the workshop. For more information on how to register, call Care’s office 62571788 and speak to Vicki or Aoife