Habitat Personnel are hiring! We are looking for a Full-Time Client Support Officer to join our energetic Canberra Team based in Woden.
Our Client Support Officers facilitate sustainable employment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander jobseekers. Depending on work demands, our Client Support Officers either undertake a holistic role encompassing all Key Responsibility areas, or specialise in one of these areas as detailed below.
- The position reports directly to the VTEC Manager, and also takes direction from Business Support staff and the Managing Director as required.
- In addition to participant and employer liaison, the position holder will be required to establish or maintain stakeholder networks including with jobactives and Disability Employment Service providers, Registered Training Organisations, and other community support services
- Habitat is a team-oriented workplace; all staff are expected to assist each other with peak workloads and major or one off projects.
- Assess the training and support needs of Habitat clients, and deliver and/or broker the services identified, to remove vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment
- Liaise with jobactives and Disability Employment Service providers both to facilitate client referral and support of existing clients
- Facilitate job placements, including matching caseload to available vacancies
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers and industry groups to secure employment opportunities
- Broker wage subsidies and other assistance as available
- Assist employers to provide a supportive and culturally safe workplace
Post-Placement Support (Mentoring)
- Provide individualised mentoring and support to participants for a minimum of 6 months post-employment placement
- Maintain timely and accurate client records including data entry and electronic filing
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Aboriginality* and the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of the employment services sector and the barriers faced by Aboriginal people regarding employment and training
- Case management experience (mentoring experience will be highly regarded)
- Initiative and problem solving skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Highly developed computer skills
*”Aboriginal” includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander. Habitat considers being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent as a genuine occupational qualification under s14 of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 and s42 of the ACT Discrimination Act 1991.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Written applications are required by 9am Monday 19th June 2017, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 3/31-37 Townshend Street Phillip ACT 2606.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter that introduces you and why you want to work at Habitat
- A statement that addresses how you meet each of the selection criteria
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Names and contact details of at least two referees
For any enquiries please contact Mark Farrow, A/ VTEC Manager on 02 6285 2422 or by email email@example.com.
For more information you can download a PDF version of the advertisement HERE