Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
Classification Level RA 3
Provide proactive, professional executive support to the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy
Chief Executive Officer
1. Provide executive support as the first point of contact for the CEO and Deputy CEO.
2. Provide high level secretarial support to the CEO including the management of the
CEO’s diary, coordinating appointments, travel and producing agendas.
3. Provide proactive information to the CEO on policies, procedures and confidential
enquiries in a timely and efficient manner
4. Liaise effectively and productively with other areas of Reconciliation Australia, providing
administrative support to senior RA managers when required.
5. Coordinate effective communication with external stakeholders including Ministers,
staffers, officials and other senior stakeholders.
6. Plan, arrange and facilitate Board meetings and other events, including organising
travel, development of agendas, the distribution of minutes and relevant documents and
liaising with participants.
7. Secretarial responsibility for taking minutes at Board and other management meetings.
8. Provide project support by creating executive briefs, contribute to reports and conduct
background research on discussion papers as required.
9. Work closely with other units within Reconciliation Australia to support consistent and
effective communication with all audiences.
1. Demonstrated experience in an administration or executive assistant role.
2. High level written correspondence and communication skills for liaising with internal and
external stakeholders and drafting documentation.
3. Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy
using proven organisational skills.
4. Strong customer service skills when developing networks in a culturally diverse
5. Ability to work in a team environment.
6. Sound working knowledge of the Microsoft suite.
1. Experience in office administration.
2. An understanding and awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, their
culture and issues affecting them.
Click fore more information below